Monday, June 13, 2016

What's Been Going On Around Our Place

We have been busy working...that's what's been going on around our place!  Hubby has been finishing the built-in table in the backyard and it's fabulous!  Here's a picture:





Now he's working on finishing the wall behind the Green Egg and BBQ grill:




I've kept busy too though!  I planted several pots of succulents in the front yard, staked our pepper plants, planted a couple of flower pots in the backyard AND have been working on 2 quilt tops!  The 1st one is a Marilyn Monroe quilt for 1 of my daughter-in-loves:

We still need to pick out borders for it.

The other quilt I'm working on is a churndash.  I was in a block exchange with friends from all over the USA in 2012 and had put the blocks away with "someday doing something with them".  Well, I pulled them out this weekend and here are most of them:

I want to turn them into something like this:

I'm well on my way to it too!  I may make the flowers a bit different...we'll see.

We also been having fun in the pool and bbq'ing with family.

On the weight-loss note...I'm down 45 lbs as of today!




 

No comments: