Monday, April 25, 2016

Long time gone but I'm back!

I've been off blogging for so long I hesitated to start again.  Then I started worrying about whether I'd keep it up.  In the end I decided I'd just go for it today and worry about future posts in the future!  Lots has happened since I last posted...grandbabies have been born (we now have 10!  7 girls and 3 boys).  Hubs had roux-en-y surgery a year ago last October and has lost 140 lbs!  He did crazy good with it so I joined him and had the surgery 2 months ago last Friday.  I've lost 31.8 lbs so far.  I'm not going to lie and say it was a piece of cake but it was definitely doable!  I went in 1st thing on Monday, Feb 22nd and was in my room by early afternoon.  I spent the rest of the day dozing in and out.  I went home the following day in the afternoon!  My menu for the 1st week was clear broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free jello and sugar free drinks.  The 2nd week I was moved up a notch to include a few pureed items, including tomato soup..I thought it tasted like it came from Heaven after a week of clear broth!  I'm now able to eat most anything that is good for me (meaning no breads, sweets, pasta, rice).  I didn't do well with raw baby carrots so will stay clear of them for a while longer.  I've not tried any meat that would be harder to digest such as steak yet but did eat a little bit of pork rib yesterday and did fine with it.  Guess how much I can eat at each meal right now...go ahead guess...give up yet?  My portions are 1/3 cup at each meal....not of each item but total!!!  Out of the 1/3 cup 1/2 is to be protein.  That equates to 1.5 oz (or more) of protein and 1.5 oz of veggie or fruit.  It's not a lot but believe it or not it fills me up!  If you've known me for very long you know how much of a sweet eater I am...well guess what...I don't crave sweets anymore!  I can still have sugar free jello or pudding if I really get a hankering for something sweet but usually I'm fine without it.  In the future I'm probably going to be sharing weight loss type things along with my quilting things...be forewarned!

I've decided that I will break down some of my catching up and weight loss into different posts...it'll give me something to blog about for a while!

No comments: