Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm still alive!

I can't believe it's been 4 months since I last posted!  Where has the time gone?  Lots has happened in the past 4 months that's for sure! 

Let's see for starters DS#1 is engaged and they are expecting a baby in January.  His fiancee has a little girl that just turned 5 so she is #6 on our grandchildren list.  She started Kindergarden on Monday and loves it...so far. They will hopefully find out what our #7 will be next Tuesday.

Here's another headliner for you...DS#2 and DGF broke up.  He has a new DGF and they are moving in together...that's right after 5 years DS is moving out of our house!  I know it's time but I sure do miss those little girls at bedtime...of course they spend about 1/2 of their time at our house still and we have both of their bedrooms set up for them so while it will take a bit of getting used to it'll all work out.  Bri started Kindergarden on Monday too and is loving it too.  She comes home each day and shows me what new signs her teacher has taught them.  She's going to be either an interpreter or DE teacher when she grows up I just know it!  Mia continues to grow like a little weed.  Can you believe she's almost 3?  She's doing pretty good on the potty training, as long as DS doesn't put her in pull-ups...they are just too much like a diaper and she pees & poops in them instead.  She's is talking up a storm and saying things that surprise us on a daily basis.  Oh and DS#2 told me 2 nights ago that he and DGF are execting a baby...yep it's true...that will make #8...and all ages 5 and under!

Baby Matthew turned 1 last weekend.  They didn't have a big party for him so we will give him his present the next time we see them.

I took the month of July off from work and it was GLORIOUS!  The 1st week I was off I was running around trying to get everything done from sunup to sundown until DS#2 reminded me that I was under orders from Sugarbear to enjoy myself and that I should slow down and "pace" myself.  The 2nd week I still got things done but at a slower pace.  The 3rd week Sugarbear was on vacation too.  On that Monday we discovered the water line to the refrigerator had been leaking and called the insurance company.  My kitchen has now been torn apart for 1 month and we're still trying to come to an agreement on what repairs and costs will be.  The beginning of the 4th week I finally settled into a nice flow but then on Thursday it hit me that I was going back to work and I'd better get busy getting all those things I still wanted to do done!  The frenzy was back on!!!  I've been back to work 3 weeks now and sure miss staying at home.  While I was there I managed to get 2 quilts all quilted and the binding on.  I also took the little girls to visit their cousins up in Turlock (they moved from Modesto a few months ago).  We had a most wonderful day!  We decorated picture frames and sunvisors, had a dress-up tea party and then they went swimming in the little pool.  I took home 2 very tired little girls that's for sure.

Sugarbear is busy opening a new store but should be home tomorrow for a day or so.  He's such a sweetie...he's promised me a new Long Arm quilting machine!  I'm busy researching all the ones that are near us.  I want my service rep to be as local as possible.  We're moving SB's office out of my sewing room and into DS#2's old bedroom, getting new carpet for the sewing room and painting.  Once all that is done I'm hoping to have room to set up the LA in there instead of the garage.    We bought a Barrister bookcase for me to store all my fabrics in and I can hardly wait to get it in the room.

I guess I better get going but I promise to try to get back sooner...and post some pics next time!

No comments: