Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hi everybody! I know, I know 2 months since I last posted. The holidays were wonderful but a bit weird. Thanksgiving was very different. My mother-in-law got sick at the last minute and dinner was moved to our house. Then my brother-in-law called and said he was sick and his wife was working. The other brother-in-law came over after we'd eaten dinner so it was just me and my family. Nice but weird! We got to spend a terrific Saturday before Christmas with our daughter and her family. We ladies decorated Christmas cookies with the little girls and had a blast! The out-of-town girls got to open their presents that evening before heading home. Bri and Mia got to open 1 present each too. Christmas was good. Everyone had a nice day. We even got some relaxation in. After Christmas I came down with a sinus infection. Then when that started clearing up I got some sort of virus, sore throat, fever, mouth and tongue sores, not to mention swollen and very painful gums! After a week of that I ended up at urgent care and was told I had pnemonia so I was down for another week! Needless to say I didn't get any sewing time in and when I started feeling better and wanted to sew I found out I had a problem with my machine! I sent it in for repairs and a good servicing and found out that back in November when I bought a new 1/4" foot the guy had sold me the wrong one for my machine. Oh well, it needed servicing anyway. I got it home again on Monday and finished making 12 disappearing 9-patch blocks for a baby quilt.

Before I run out of time let me tell about the newest grandbaby to join our family. My youngest DS has a new girlfriend. She was PG before they started dating and just had her baby...a little girl named Lilyn Rose. Some children come to us by blood and some come by love...I take um any way God sees fit to give um! She's absolutely beautiful! Lots of coal black hair and dark brown eyes. She's gonna be a looker when she grows up!

Ok gotta scoot. I'll try to be better about posting!

1 comment:

Tatersmama said...

Ahhh... I see you do get the "love 'em no matter where they come from" thing!
It sounds like you've had a pretty busy time of things for the last few months, but you've had a better reason than I have for not posting much. ;-) I hope you're well and truly back to normal!